Tagging Freeze in Effect

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sun Oct 28 21:19:32 GMT 2007

On Saturday 27 October 2007, Tom Albers wrote:
> Op za 27 okt 2007 17:38 schreef u:
> > > Please mail release-team mailinglist with your concerns and be a lot
> > > more verbose.
> >
> > all right, I'll start that process, but I'm dissapointed.
> > This list shouldn't need to be told the sky is blue or that the Emperor
> > as no clothes.
> >
> > Look, the beta process didn't work.
>
> It's so cool making those statements and not backing it up by actual facts.
> You keep telling us we suck without actually telling us what sucks. The

I see a "you" vs. "we, the release team" here and I also had a similar
impression when reading some other posts (by other developers). That doesn't
feel good.
IMO this also shows some "disconnect" between "core developers" (members of
k-c-d) and the release team (members of the release ml). Maybe this is one of
the reasons why we get such a "lively" discussion here ?

The core developers who didn't subscribe to the release ml are told by the
release team when a release will be done (at least it may feel like this for
some of the k-c-d members). I'm not sure it's a good thing to have these
discussion/decisions on a mailing list different from k-c-d (since it's
the "core" mailing list).  As far as I can remember when we were trying the
Technical Working Group (one of the tasks was supposed to be managing
releases), the official location which should be used for discussion was
k-c-d.

Alex