Bug reporting for KDE 4

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at kde.org
Sun Oct 28 21:16:40 GMT 2007

Hi,

> Bug trackers have advantages over emails, like you can't delete bugs, you
> can mark them as closed, you also get emails on changes etc.
> Reporting a bug in bugzilla is quite some work, also searching in bugzilla.

Well, it depends. We can set behaviour rules. That is:

- If you report a bug do "[REPORT] bug small description" on the subject.
- If you have fixed and committed the problem "[FIXED] bug small description"
- If you have reopened... "[REOPENED] bug small description"

This way we could have a rudimentary bug tracking system, more flexible than
bugzilla and better oriented to our current state. This would also let us
have the history that bugzilla provides on the mailing list history, as every
message should in theory have in the subject the state of the bug, we could
follow how things went.

--
Rafael Fernández López

GPG Fingerprint: B9F4 4730 43F8 FFDD CC5E BA8E 724E 406E 3F01 D070