Some libraries are not found without LD_LIBRARY_PATH mangling

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sun Oct 28 20:46:48 GMT 2007

Hi Thiago,

On Saturday 27 October 2007, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Andras Mantia wrote:
> > For me startkde fails to bring up the KDE4 desktop, and as I saw the
> >main reason is that some applications fail to find the shared libraries
> >they are linked to.
>
> When running cmake, add:
>
> -DKDE4_USE_ALWAYS_FULL_RPATH=ON

Objections against making this the default behaviour and removing the option ?
(otherwise it will always break if a library links to another library which is
in a directory which is not in the RPATH of the executable (which doesn't
link directly to that library) and which could only be found by the RPATH of
the library)

Alex