KConfig borkage

Thomas Braxton kde.braxton at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 18:47:22 GMT 2007

On 10/28/07, Oswald Buddenhagen <ossi at kde.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 28, 2007 at 07:19:19AM -0400, Jeff Mitchell wrote:
> > >
> > > actually is not getting corrupted, it's being marked as deleted.
> >
> > Why actually delete some, and only mark others?
> >
> if there is no default, there is no point in overshadowing it.
> if you don't understand it, revisit the cascading config concept.
>
> > > Is there a default set for those keys in KDEDIR/share/config/amarokrc?
> > > because the entries shouldn't be marked as deleted unless there was a
> > > default, I'll look into this.
> >
> > No, there isn't.  No defaults.
> >
> maybe a real bug then. thomas, your turn. :-P

yeah a bug, I'm still trying to figure out why it's treating some entries as
having defaults when they don't. It's in the backend when the entries are
actually written to disk. I have a fix, but it's not quite right, it breaks
something else, something wierd happening here. I'll try to get this fixed
today.