libkdeprint

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Oct 28 11:49:42 GMT 2007

On 28.10.07 10:45:26, John Layt wrote:
> On Saturday 27 October 2007, Alex Merry wrote:
> > How's this going?  Do we have anything yet?  If not, do you have an ETA?
>
> Attached is the current version of my printFiles() replacement.  The code
> makes use of the fact that CUPS installs its own version of lpr that
> re-directs output to CUPS,

Thats not really true, at least not necesarily for distribution
packages. In Debian there's a special cupsys-bsd package which contains
all the lpr-compatible commandline utils. That package is not installed
by default when installing a cups client, so relying on that command
being there might become problematic. Of course it can just be stated in
the requirements for okular that the lpr-utility from cups is needed for
printing support.

Andreas

--
Good night to spend with family, but avoid arguments with your mate's
new lover.