Tagging Freeze in Effect

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Fri Oct 26 15:58:44 BST 2007

On Friday 26 October 2007, Germain Garand wrote:
> Le Vendredi 26 Octobre 2007 15:42, Cornelius Schumacher a écrit :
> > On Friday 26 October 2007, Germain Garand wrote:
> > > So could we please, as minimal respect for our users demand,
> > > acknowledge that fact, come back to reality, and jointly release both
> > > under a name that is already quite a semantic stretch: a Beta 4.
> >
> > I don't think that discussing release names
>
> Don't setup a straw man, I'm discussing the release *status*.

If you want to discuss the status then please discuss the critical bugs in the
platform which block a release, not the name of the release.

> You are not going to release anything dubbed "RC" and get away by
> pretending later it was just "a name".

The difference between calling it Beta 4 and RC1 is indeed just a name. There
are more RCs to come.

> > So please consider helping to fix remaining bugs instead.
>
> excuse me?

I wanted to say that time spent on improving the quality of the code to be
released is better spent then the time on discussing how to call the
different steps of the release. I didn't want to imply that you are not
fixing bugs.