KPrintDialog?

Harri Porten porten at froglogic.com
Wed Oct 24 20:24:17 BST 2007

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007, Thiago Macieira wrote:

> How do you make a native dialog like the Windows or MacOS X printing dialogs
> use KDialog?

Three options come to my mind:

1.) Not use them at all but roll your own stuff. Has worked on Unix and
it's not like KDE is not going to add its own touch to those platforms.

2.) Don't embed them but just them and risk KDE style and extensibility. I
already said earlier that the lowest common denominator approach is
acceptable. Do the best platform on each platform.

3.) Customize/embed the native dialogs to our own extensions. At least on
Windows that's possible I believe.

I repeat that I consider differing approaches on each platform to be
absolutely acceptable. On X11 systems *we* are the ones defining the look
of the desktop and should keep it uniform. On Mac OS X and Windows we are
just guests and have to blend in.

Harri.