KPrintDialog?

Harri Porten porten at froglogic.com
Wed Oct 24 17:47:04 BST 2007

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007, Jos Poortvliet wrote:

>> Not sure you got my point. I did not suggest to bring the killed-off
>> technology back immediately but to provide us with a dialog fitting our
>> look & feel guide lines (icons, help texts, margings etc.) and having one
>> that we can customize in 4.0.x already.
>
> Well, if you can write someting in the next week which is better than
> what TT provides, and plays nice with what TT will provide in Qt 4.4
> (and is better than that, too), it could go in... But I think it's too
> late for 4.0.

I know you said that you are not a developer so I'll explain the
background: the first step would be to use KDialog as a base class. This
is not about reimplementing it. It's about using it. So what Trolltech
could look into is to make the printing-system/paintdevice/dialog/settings
class structure well separated and open so that one could freely combine
them with once own code. Right now they are very much tied and mean an
all-or-nothing solution.

Harri.