Language Changes part 2

John Tapsell johnflux at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 14:08:55 BST 2007

Hi Krzysztof,

  I agree about implementing such a thing at a lower level.  I was
thinking in particular:

We could add an overloaded method for things like
KMainWindow::setTitle() and KAction::setText()  that accepts a
KLocalizedString instead of a QString, and so on.

This would mean that it wouldn't break existing code, and would
require a simple switch from  i18n()  to ki18n()  which could be done
with a simple replace throughout KDE.

Then each widget would could keep the untranslated string as well as
the translated string, translating it when needed.

John