KIO::NetAccess static methods question

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at kde.org
Wed Oct 24 09:53:57 BST 2007

Hi,

> Well, everyone has been talking about breaking binary compatibility in 4.1
> for at least a year now.
>
> I did not say it will happen. I said: if it happens, then you can do it in
> 4.1. Otherwise, it's 5.0 material.

Leo, this is completely true, and I guess this conversations had a beginning
because everybody knows that our libraries weren't mature enough for release,
but we had to release at some point.

Personally, breaking between .0 and .1 makes sense because it will let us
assure a better quality (and cleaner) product the whole 4 lifetime, instead
of nasty workarounds from .0.

Thiago, and I wonder, how can a decision be taken of this question... There
will be lots of different opinions, of course.

--
Rafael Fernández López

GPG Fingerprint: B9F4 4730 43F8 FFDD CC5E BA8E 724E 406E 3F01 D070