KConfigDialog crash and fix for it

Joris Guisson joris.guisson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 18:14:44 BST 2007

Version 2 of the patch, now with the signal in KPageDialog and KConfigDialog
responding to this.

On 10/22/07, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:

> On Monday 22 October 2007, Joris Guisson wrote:
> commit
> > >
> > > having a second QMap seems ugly and a bit wasteful. can you do
> something
> > > like:
> > >
> > > QMap<QWidget *, KConfigDialogManager *>::iterator it =
> > > d->managerForPage.begin();
> > >
> > > while (it != d->managerForPage.end()) {
> > >     if (it.value() == item->widget()) {
> > >         delete it.value();
> > >         d->managerForPage.erase(it);
> > >     }
> > >     ++it;
> > > }
> >
> > That was my first approach and it failed miserably, you see the widget
> you
> > give to KConfigDialog, gets stuffed into a KVBox.
>
> then i wonder if this would work:
>
> if (item->widget()->isAncestorOf(it.value())) {
>
> > Btw, didn't know binary compatibility was important at this point in
> time.
> > I can understand once 4.0 is out, but now ?
>
> well, we *are* trying to calm down and start respecting the API. tagging
> on
> wednesday and all.

True, but making one method virtual doesn't really change that much, and
wouldn't break compiling stuff which uses KPageDialog.

Anyway, the second version of the patch doesn't do this, so BC should not be
broken.

Joris,