kde4/cmake equivalent to KDE_NO_COMPILE?

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue Oct 23 14:57:51 BST 2007

On Tuesday 23 October 2007, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Silly question, in the big, brave, new kde4/cmake world, is there a new
> equivalent to kde3's KDE_NO_COMPILE (to skip compiling/building certain
> modules)?
>
> -- Rex

Kind of.

Usually directories are added using ADD_SUBDIRECTORY(someDir).
In kdelibs/cmake/modules/MacroOptionalAddSubdirectory.cmake there is a macro
called MACRO_OPTIONAL_ADD_DIRECTORY(someOtherDir). If this is used, you get a
cmake option BUILD_someOtherDir, which cam be disabled using "make
edit_cache"/ccmake/cmake -D ...).

I don't know how much this macro is used, I don't think it's used very much,
so it can probably still be changed if required.

What exactly do you need it for ? Just building one or a few parts (then you
could just go in these directories and build there) or build everything
except some parts ?

Alex