[RFC] KConfig API stuff

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Tue Oct 23 14:18:09 BST 2007

On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 02:52:04PM +0200, David Faure wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 October 2007, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> > it says what it does. ;)
> > - sync(): flush changes to disk. config is the same in ram and on disk
> >   afterwards
> > - fakeSync(): pretend that changes are flushed. kconfig *thinks* that
> >   config is the same in ram and on disk afterwards
>
> fakeSync doesn't really tell what happens to the values in ram after
> that; it sounds like the real sync is still to be done.

you have a point here.
otoh, none of the other names was better in this regard, afaics. except
maybe "undirty", which has clear semantics to those familiar with
caching terminology.
markAsClean()?

> Why not call this revert()? After all that's exactly like a svn
> revert, no?

no, otherwise the old name rollback() would fit. ;)
it sort of fits reverting the add of a new file - afterwards the file is
still there, but not known to svn any more. however, i never would see
this parallel if not pointed to.