[RFC] KConfig API stuff

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Tue Oct 23 01:41:01 BST 2007

On Mon, Oct 22, 2007 at 07:17:56PM -0500, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
>> "undirty" sounds weird, but immediately rings a bell with anybody who
>> knows something about writeback semantics. deal?
>
> "discardDirtyEntries"?

yeah. well. it sounds a bit like dirty entries would be discarded
alltogether, like reading them again would return defaults or something.
i also thought about "unpersist", but that's about the same.
discardWrites is again like rollback. inhibitWriteout is close, but it
suggests it might also affect future writes. cancelPendingWriteouts ...
is that really better? i'm running out of ideas ...