KPrintDialog?

Harri Porten porten at froglogic.com
Mon Oct 22 22:26:03 BST 2007

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007, John Layt wrote:

> We will probably return to our own KPrintDialog in 4.1 to get the KDE dialog
> goodness back, but to implement one for 4.0 would mean we lock ourselves into
> some possibly wrong and irreversible decisions on implementation.  Better to
> wait and see how Qt 4.4 turns out and how/if we can wrap that to get what we
> want, or if we head off in a different direction.

Not sure I can follow. What I propose is more open and future-safe than
what we have now. Whatever printing or preview feature appears in Qt 4.4
we can build in once its there. And at the same time we can add whatever
we like for e.g. 4.0.1.

> Yeah, it sucks for 4.0 that it is not so friendly, but that's the least
> of our worries really.

Looks like a self-made suckiness with a simple solution to me.

Harri.