[RFC] KConfig API stuff - amended proposal

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon Oct 22 19:55:45 BST 2007

On Monday 22 October 2007, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 22, 2007 at 08:18:20PM +0200, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > On Monday 22 October 2007, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> > > given the somewhat sicko mix of xdg lists and kde lists in some of our
> > > .desktop files, the two methods read/writeXdgListEntry will be added.
> > > it's clear that those functions will simply refuse to work with other
> > > backends.
> >
> > Wouldn't "XDG-style INI" just be another backend?
>
> no, because as stated a few lines above, we our .desktop files have both
> xdg and kde style lists in one file.

Oh boy, I didn't know that. I always assumed that file from shared specs would
be pretty much "fixed".

> also, it would be quite some overkill ...

Well, they would probably share a lot of code, maybe implemented as one but
constructed with different parameters.

Anyway, too late for that, but it seemed to obvious :-/

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring