[RFC] KConfig API stuff

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Sun Oct 21 20:01:22 BST 2007

On Sun, Oct 21, 2007 at 08:07:11PM +0200, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 21.10.07 17:08:34, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> > the code can be found under branches/work/kconfig_new_take2/ .
> > note that not all changes are implemented yet and nothing beyond kdelibs
> > is guaranteed to compile.
>
> Whats your time plan for this? If this is going to happen I think the
> platform release should be moved by a few weeks.

it all depends on whether we pursue with the kconfig inheritance from
kconfigbase and thus the at this point somewhat unfortunate
shared-pointer-ification resulting from this:
- if we skip it, the porting efforts are quite trivial and have close to
  zero breakage potential - we are talking cosmetics here. i.e., we'd be
  safe within a few days - way less than the rest of kde needs,
  realistically speaking. ;-)
- i have no idea what happens if we pursue with it. from a first sight
  it looked like removing a crapload of &, adding quite some * and
  removing some new/delete. i didn't dive into it sufficiently to say
  more.