[RFC] KConfig API stuff

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Oct 21 19:21:56 BST 2007

On 21.10.07 19:39:25, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> A Diumenge 21 Octubre 2007, Cornelius Schumacher va escriure:
> > On Sunday 21 October 2007 17:08:34 Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> > > as you probably know, puthuhn (bernhard loos) and me are fixing KConfig.
> > > while i'm pretty confident that nobody cares for the backend stuff we
> > > are doing, ;) there are also some API changes in the works.
> > > it's "a bit" late in the release process, so we made sure to get a
> > > preliminary OK from allen in advance.
> >
> > I don't think that three days before the final release is a good time to
> > even think about API changes.
>
> I have to agree with Cornelius.

What about delaying the release then? Quite some time ago (when the
release plans got discussed) it was said that kde wouldn't take the dates
as set in stone and delay them if need arises. So which changes would be
such a need, if not a finally good KConfig API? OTOH this could be done
for KDE 4.1 and we could just break the BC with that release.

Andreas

--
Don't worry so loud, your roommate can't think.