Composite Extension

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Sun Oct 21 00:47:21 BST 2007

Howdy,

Just want to report that trunk looks and works a lot better for me
now that I have reconfigured my X server without the Composite Extension.

Apparently many X servers are configured to use the Composite Extension by default.

If you see fuzzy stuff when opening a menu or in the systray, of if ksnapshot doesn't
work for you, then consider adding these lines to your xorg.config file and rebooting:

Section "Extensions"
    Option      "Composite"     "disable"
EndSection

I have no expertise in this area, and have no idea why this is necessary.
Hopefully the experts on this list can provide more details.

Regards,
Allen

PS. I have some kind of Radeon