first time compiling kde4

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Fri Oct 19 17:00:36 BST 2007

On Friday 19 October 2007 02:21:17 Mike Staib wrote:
> I used subversion to compile
>
> the following code from /kde/trunk/KDE
>
> kdesupport
> kdelibs
> kdepimlibs
> kdebase

Sounds correct.

> It looks like everything compiles ok but when I open a kde4 session from
> kdm the desktop comes up but there is no menu.  The is a task bar on the
> bottom with a clock applet that runs fine.  I compiled
> playground/base/kickoff-rewrite-kde4 but that didn't change anything.
> Can anyone offer any suggestions?

That's pretty much the current state of things. You didn't do anything
wrong. :-)

You can run applications by right-clicking on the desktop and choosing Run
command .... If you start kickoff this way, it'll be opened in a separate
window. Integrating it into the taskbar is currently work-in-progress.

> Thanks for the help,
> I am really excited about getting this working.

Cool :-)
--
sebas