list separator in config entries

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Thu Oct 18 23:19:05 BST 2007

On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 11:55:32AM -0500, Thomas Braxton wrote:
> On 10/17/07, Oswald Buddenhagen <ossi at kde.org> wrote:
> > this isn't even about the planned extensibility, it is about getting
> > basic functionality work reliably. you screwed up, everybody has to
> > wait. too bad.
>
> This is code from at least KDE 3, possibly before,

you mean the ini backend? yes, that's the part that seems to be still
working.

> so how did I screw up?

in at least two ways:
- you introduced a hell of a lot of regressions
- extensibility was the primary goal of the refactoring. you *could*
  have considered the one or other thing. heh.

seriously, from somebody who messes with such core stuff, i expect some
deeper understanding of the matter, or at least the capacity to
understand. constant failure to deliver both overstrains my patience -
and this is where diplomacy ends.

i guess i should have gotten involved much earlier - too bad, i didn't
think it would be necessary to readjust my priorities. :(