QLabel kills our KMessageBoxes (and others)

Michael Pyne michael.pyne at kdemail.net
Thu Oct 18 04:05:40 BST 2007

On Wednesday 17 October 2007, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> Hi, Qt has a bug that acording to qt-bugs@ can't be fixed in X11. That bug
> causes the layout to not have a minimum size and you can resize the widgets
> to almost 0x0 size. Examples attached.
>
> So what do we do? Ignore the problems? Can anyone from Qt really confirm
> this is unfixable?

This bug has been around forever.  It's also present in JuK's delete dialog
for instance.

I believe it is caused by multiline rich-text QLabels.  So the solution
unfortunately seems to be either not to use them, wait for the trolls to
actually fix the bug, or if richtext is required, then to use multiple
single-line labels stacked as necessary.  Of course, that makes translation
hard to do. :(

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne