libkdeprint

John Layt johnlayt at yahoo.com.au
Tue Oct 16 19:55:03 BST 2007

On Tuesday 16 October 2007, Alex Merry wrote:
> I'd like to remove kdelibs/kdeprint and kdebase/runtime/kdeprint (ie:
> libkdeprint and associated utils and kcm) to playground on Monday 23rd
> October.

This e-mail only addresses the above point, for printFiles(), see the next
e-mail.

Can we move KDEPrint earlier?  Monday would only give 2 days before tagging to
fix anything that goes wrong.  I'd prefer extragear to playground to
emphasise it still has a future.  In reality, at least 80% of the code is for
the management side, so we really have no choice but to get it working again.

My priority list is as follows:
1) Finish porting all apps and remove dependency by Friday(?)
2) Alex to move KDEPrint from kdelibs/kdecore (Monday?)
3) Fix printing problems in kate/khtml in kdelibs (Sat/Sun?) before final
tagging (Wed)
4) Write printFiles() replacement and fix okular/kghostview/ligature
5) Clean-up tasks...

Cheers!

John.