kdelibs 3/kdebase 4 co-installable ?

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Tue Oct 16 19:47:28 BST 2007

On Tuesday 16 October 2007, Sune Vuorela wrote:
> On 2007-10-15, David Faure <faure at kde.org> wrote:
> > Ah there's the better solution: renaming the default theme to
> > "kde4". Then it won't conflict, and it can coexist with existing
> > themes from kde3 and kde-look. We just need to find the code which
> > hardcodes "Default".
> > I like this solution :)
>
> I think it sounds reasonable. Maybe except for the "find the code"
> part. "Default" isn't actually easy to grep on, but probably the use
> of *urgh* emoticons is limited to kopete, konversation and maybe
> kmail.

FWIW:

KMail, KNode (?), and Mailody (?) use the following code for locating
the emoticons (cf. kdepimlibs/kpimutils/linklocator.cpp):
    const QString iconPath =
      KStandardDirs::locate( "emoticons",
                             EmotIcons::theme() +
                             QString::fromLatin1( "/" ) +
                             imageName + QString::fromLatin1

The default theme is defined as being "Default" in
kdepimlibs/kpimutils/pimemoticons.kcfg.

Regards,
Ingo