libkdeprint

Tom Albers tomalbers at kde.nl
Tue Oct 16 15:23:22 BST 2007

At Tuesday 16 October 2007 16:16, you wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 Oct 2007, Tom Albers wrote:
> > >
> > > No.  The reason for that is that would require QPrinter to be a
> > > PDF/PS renderer (it's cross-platform, and you can't just throw a
> > > PDF or PS file at the Windows print system).
> >
> > But, how did kprinter solve that?
>
> By only supporting UNIX systems, where printing is done by passing
> postscript documents around.

Okay. In that case I don't understand Pino's remarks about portability. It can simply never be reached without converting the output of Poppler to something else, right?

Is it possible for Qt to let QPrinter support ps files _and_ note in the api that this will only work for cups backends (or something similar)?

Toma