libkdeprint

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Oct 16 15:17:14 BST 2007

On 16.10.07 15:57:13, Tom Albers wrote:
> At Tuesday 16 October 2007 12:59, you wrote:

> > > You all know I'm pretty naive and do not know anything about
> > > printing. So if you tell me to shut up, I will.
> > >
> > > I've a simple question. Isn't there a possibility for QPrinter to
> > > simply accept a ps or pdf blob and deal with that?
> >
> > No.  The reason for that is that would require QPrinter to be a PDF/PS
> > renderer (it's cross-platform, and you can't just throw a PDF or PS
> > file at the Windows print system).
>
> But, how did kprinter solve that?

I think it didn't, after all kdeprint and also kprinter are created
mainly around cups (it most probably also support lpr and other unix
print solutions) and as that kprinter was able to just throw any file
onto the backend with apropriate flags (for cups for example) and cups
handled the printing itself.

Andreas

--
You are dishonest, but never to the point of hurting a friend.