Where to document KDE 4 features

Dominik Haumann dhdev at gmx.de
Tue Oct 16 11:18:10 BST 2007

On Monday 15 October 2007, Allen Winter wrote:
> On Monday 15 October 2007 6:36:08 am Dominik Haumann wrote:
> > >
> > > A web view of that is:
> > > http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/kde-4.0-features.html
> >
> > It's good you are brining this up. Question is where we want to have
> > this in the future. All the schedules & co were moved into the wiki.
> > I've once written a small mediawiki extension which parses the
> > kde-features.xml file and prints the results, that's basically what we
> > had before. I believe this is a good idea, so I'm for still adding the
> > features to that file. We just have to enable the extension.
>
> Since the KDE 4.0 features is currently empty, why do we need
> to parse and xml file?  Why not just type directly into the wiki?
>
> I'm happy either way.

Pros for xml-file:
- markup is done automatically
- list is automatically sorted (e.g. if you switch from todo to done)

Further thoughts: It's a wiki, this means we have to protect the Features
page. Otherwise random people will misuse it and add their own wishes.

If we don't use the xml file, we should use some templates to make life
easier.

Dominik