kdelibs 3/kdebase 4 co-installable ?

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Mon Oct 15 18:29:18 BST 2007

Em Monday 15 October 2007 18:48:19 Leo Savernik escreveu:
> Am Montag, 15. Oktober 2007 schrieb Thiago Macieira:
> > > We obviously can't overwrite things from kde3libs, so please ignore my
> > > mail above.  The two config apps indeed also need to change their
> > > names.
> > >
> > > Thanks for pointing this out Sune!
> >
> > Or people need to install to a different prefix.
>
> What do you mean by people? Do you think Debian will suddenly start
> packaging KDE4 for a different prefix than /usr?

Yes, I expect them to, if that's what we decide. I also expect them to upgrade
everyone to UTF-8 locales, because KDE 4 doesn't support non-UTF-8.

If it's just too much hassle renaming all applications/files that clash, we
should simply ask people and distributions to install to a different prefix.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358