KDE Print porting - help needed

John Layt johnlayt at yahoo.com.au
Mon Oct 15 17:38:16 BST 2007

On Monday 15 October 2007, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Em Monday 15 October 2007 13:28:39 Anders Lund escreveu:
> > Btw, shouldn't kdelibs require that qt version then? or is broken
> > printing ok?
>
> It's a run-time dependency only.
>
> And "broken printing" is Ok because the tabs won't show on Windows or Mac.
> Therefore, the printing must work without going through the tabs at all.

Yep, the gui widgets will still be created and accessible through the code, so
nothing will fall over, you just won't see them in the dialog.  You just have
to make sure you set sensible default values on the widgets.  Hmmm, that's
something I'll need to go back and check.

For Windows and OSX, Qt hands off to the native print dialog, so currently you
won't see the tabs there, and in fact there are a few settings in QPrinter
that don't work on those platforms at all.  There was some talk of a possible
way to add custom pages to the Windows dialog, but I'm not yet sure if the
trolls plan to implement that at all in 4.4, or if there is a OSX equivalent.

John.