KStandardAction and "Home" in konqueror

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Oct 15 16:07:47 BST 2007

I got the question again today on IRC:
"in almost other apps that I know of (text editors, kpdf, kword, etc), Ctrl+Home goes to the top of the view/page.
but in Konqueror (and dolphin), it goes to ~... would it still be possible to change that? or rather, why was it chosen to be that?"

There is indeed a conflict with the Ctrl+Home shortcut, especially in konqueror.
How about we finally split "Begin" and "Home [page]"? We could use ALT+Home for
"Home page". Something like the attached patch [untested yet].
It will require porting the apps that were using Home for 'beginning of document',
otherwise they'll get the wrong shortcut.

PS: the patch is BIC but if I commit today that's OK, right? Otherwise I can move
the enum to the end but that's just uglier :)