Places

Andreas Hartmetz ahartmetz at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 13:40:43 BST 2007

Am Montag, 15. Oktober 2007 13:26:37 schrieb Anders Lund:
> On Sunday 14 October 2007, Allen Winter wrote:
> > Speaking of... I need some usability help with KOrganizer.
> > Anyone from the HIG team that wants to help me?
> >
> > If just the KOrganizer toolbar could be straightened out I'd be happy.
>
> Just cut buttons off until there are only 4 left, all the actions are
> available from the menus anyways :p

Yeah, toolbars are only useful if you don't have to hunt for the right button.
OS X-like grouping of toolbuttons into bars is quite helpful for me. The
Domino style does that.
That being said, the first thing I do after installing a vanilla KDE is to
throw out about 2/3 of the toolbuttons. There is a ludicrous number of them
in most applications and they are just clutter that waste space if you can't
quickly find the button you're looking for. It's common sense!
FWIW, I generally keep buttons for things that I use sometimes but not really
often. For the things I use very often I just use the keyboard shortcuts. New
users probably won't like that configuration, though.