list separator in config entries

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Sat Oct 13 17:15:37 BST 2007

On Sat, Oct 13, 2007 at 09:52:25AM -0500, Thomas Braxton wrote:
> On 10/12/07, Oswald Buddenhagen <ossi at kde.org> wrote:
> > the escaping you chose is ... uhm ... ugly. i mean, even uglier than
> > just tree backslashes in a row.
>
> yeah, but 3 backslashes in a row doesn't work, \x5c does

i think you *really* should re-read my first contribution to this thread
and everything that followed from it.

> > anyway, a lot of the code looks suspicious, to say the least. i'll
> > know more when i actually get my hands on it.
>
> like what?

like all the special casing related to lists and separators. it's just
plain weird. why don't you simply use a "forward parser" like
KConfigIniBackend::parseConfig() does instead of doing this incredible
magic?
i'm sure there is more. weirdness doesn't come alone. ;)