KConfig and $HOME

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Fri Oct 12 17:23:59 BST 2007

On Fri, Oct 12, 2007 at 11:50:30AM -0400, Allen Winter wrote:
> 1) support reading environment variables with or without the [$e]
> 2) support writing environment variables only with the [$e]

most definitely not. variables were never just expanded.
we are talking exclusively about {read,write}PathEntry(), for which
$HOME/ at the beginning is sort of a magic token. i don't think it makes
much sense to change that behavior in any way.
and btw, this means that if somebody uses a $e path entry, he has to
write it $$HOME/... in the ini file.