KConfig and $HOME

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Oct 11 18:12:30 BST 2007

On 11.10.07 12:54:02, Allen Winter wrote:
> Does the new KConfig support $HOME in rc files?

Yes and No :(

> I started up korganizer4 from my kde3 desktop and my
> standard calendar could not be read.  I think because
> KConfig read the wrong file from ~/.kde/share/config/kresources/calendar/stdrc
>
> The value it was trying to read was:
> CalendarURL=file:$HOME/.kde/share/apps/korganizer/std.ics
>
> Looks like KConfig returned the value file://$home/.kde/share/apps/korganizer/std.ics instead.

Right. All KDE3 configs (and pre-KConfig-merge) need to be upgraded and
all Entries that have $HOME and are supposed to be expanded need to have
[$e] added to the entry key.

The new KConfig only expands $HOME on entries that have this special
flag set.

Andreas

--
Cheer Up!  Things are getting worse at a slower rate.