move ldap ioslave into kdepim(libs)

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Oct 10 20:25:24 BST 2007

On Wednesday 10 October 2007, Tom Albers wrote:
> Op wo 10 okt 2007 20:08 schreef u:
> > I object. kio_imap belongs to kdepim.
>
> Hmm. Why? If someone wants to write a new mailclient based on kio_imap it should depend on kdepim?

The opposite question (which is more important, according to past experience) is the following:
if kdepim-4.1 needs kio_imap improvements, how could it do that, and still work with kdebase-runtime-4.0.x
(which by that time will be the one available everywhere)?
This is the issue we had in the past, which led to forking kio_imap - surely that can't be a good thing to
do again in the future.

A new mailclient based on kio_imap should depend on kdepim-kioslaves (splitted by the packagers), I don't see what the problem is.