move ldap ioslave into kdepim(libs)

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Wed Oct 10 20:06:29 BST 2007

On Wednesday 10 October 2007 2:08:38 pm David Faure wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 October 2007, Allen Winter wrote:

> > > then they should be in kdepim, if there is nothing else depending on it. right
> > > now we have however several extragear modules that depend on kdepim, because
> > > they can't get runtime/buildtime dependencies straight.
> > >
> > > I've checked, and kdebase/runtime still requires kdepimlibs, because the kfax
> > > stuff requires libkabc.
> > >
> > > So afterall, the move of the kioslaves to kdepimlibs did not solve anything
> > > and only violated the runtime/buildtime separation we've been trying to
> > > establish for years now. So we're back in the old and dark middle ages.
> > >

> > Dirk tried valiantly to explain why moving these kioslaves into kdepimlibs
> > makes things worse.. I still don't quite understand... seems to be mostly
> > an issue for distro packagers.
> >
> > Anyhow... I will move kdepimlibs/kioslave back to kdebase/runtime in the
> > next few days unless there are objections.
>
> I object. kio_imap belongs to kdepim.

As does mbox and sieve. I guess.
Can I keep those in kdepimlibs?

So:
  imap4 -> kdepim(libs)
  ldap -> kdebase/runtime
  mbox -> kdepim(libs)
  nntp -> kdebase/runtime
  pop3 -> kdebase/runtime
  sieve -> kdepim(libs)
  smtp -> kdebase/runtime

??

Double-drat.  This is confusing and irritating.
Someone please tell me where each kioslave should reside and I'll do the moving.

-Allen