KMimeType performance

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at kde.org
Tue Oct 9 16:58:48 BST 2007

Hi all,

First of all: I know we should concentrate on _make things work_ right now,
but we are facing a critical performance regression on KMimeType class.

You can try to see "live" this problems:

- Open KWrite. Click on open so the open dialog is shown. Open "/usr/include"
(with the icon view), fast, huh ? Now switch to detailed view... omg.

For me it seems that KMimeType is the cause of such regression.

You can also test the problem on dolphin: sort by type on the icons view
(categorized or not) or just using the detailed view.

Comments or ideas ?

Bye,
Rafael Fernández López.