kdelibs (at least) : test building by default

Thomas Zander Thomas.Zander at trolltech.com
Tue Oct 9 12:46:01 BST 2007

On Tuesday 09 October 2007 13:25:17 Dirk Mueller wrote:
> > > Yes. Now that users are supposed to compile KDE4, we don't want them to
> > > waste time on unit test compilation.
> >
> > Every user is a potential contributor, though ;)
>
> Yep, and its an excellent way to scare him away by lengthening the build
> process even more. I probably have too old hardware, but it takes me more
> than 24 hours to build trunk, which is no fun at all.

If it takes too long for you to compile kdelibs and its unit tests, then you
indeed have too old hardware (or not enough patience ;) to become a kdelibs
developer.
I don't think disabling tests are going to change that as developers will need
to compile them anyway.

I second Boudewijns suggestion, though.
--
Thomas Zander