list separator in config entries

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Oct 8 20:34:31 BST 2007

On 08.10.07 14:29:30, Thomas Braxton wrote:

> > FYI, PutHuhn is working on it. Andreas Pakulat, Ossi and me all have
> > been talking to him as he is closest to being a maintainer of KConfig.
> > And yes, of course the tests have been put there to fail. They
> > specifically test for the problem that we have now. And no, having
> > some input break KConfig is not an option, however silly that string
> > might look to you. This also has security implications, and it's
> > terrible style to break on some input due to implementation problems.
>
> again why are you storing strings with backslashes if they aren't Windows
> paths? And if they are you should be using the Path functions not the
> QString functions.

Because config entries may contain input from the user, and you can't
know what silly string a user inputs. Don't expect a certain format of a
string, unless you can enforce that, which you can't in this case as
we're accepting QString as input.

Andreas

--
Write yourself a threatening letter and pen a defiant reply.