Special characters and KLauncher

Riccardo Iaconelli riccardo at kde.org
Mon Oct 8 17:42:55 BST 2007

On Monday 08 October 2007 13:57:47 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Therefore, KDE 4 is NOT SUPPORTED in non-UTF-8 locales.

This looks to me like the problem we have with SVGs, where we need to export
LC_ALL=C that we must do in order for QtSvgRenderer to work correctly.

This is my locale, as set up by default by kubuntu:
me at lapdog:~$ locale
LANG=it_IT.UTF-8

So Unicode seems to me.
Note that I correctly see all the unicode characters anywhere in my system.
Setting those environment variables can work for my developement system, no
problem, but this is will suck on standard user installations.
And don't tell me that I need to switch to UTF, as my systems ARE (already
since some years) all unicode-enabled.
So... is this a bug to be fixed? Maybe downstream, but it may be a very
annoying thing if we don't figure out what is causing this soon enough...

Bye,
-Riccardo
--
GPG key: