[Patch] KUrl::prettyUrl and xmpp: url

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Mon Oct 8 15:44:23 BST 2007

Am Montag, 08. Oktober 2007 16:37:53 schrieb Olivier Goffart:
> > This cries for two versions of pathOrUrl, doesn't it?  Or prettyUrl()
> > with some argument.. or prettyUrlOrPath() (which I would like if the
> > order wasn't inconsistent with pathOrUrl()).
>
> The problem is that the most of the current codebase already use pathOrUrl
> for display. According to lxr.kde.org , there is 300 reference of it.
> It's a bit late to change the meaning of it.
> I think that all theses method make a confusing API anyway.

Right.  I wanted to propose to add the other version, but then I came up with
the name prettyUrlOrPath(), which only proves that it is confusing.

To clarify: I'd propose to *add* something along fullUrlOrPath() [name open to
discussion] which does not throw away any information but mostly resembles
url().

BTW: Another use case (apart from krun) for that would be drag&drop into
konsole - I keep removing file:// prefixes there..

Ciao, /  /
     /--/
    /  / ANS