[Patch] KUrl::prettyUrl and xmpp: url

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Mon Oct 8 15:22:50 BST 2007

Am Montag, 08. Oktober 2007 14:39:09 schrieb Olivier Goffart:
> Le lundi 8 octobre 2007, Thiago Macieira a écrit :
> > Olivier Goffart wrote:
> > >So do you suggest me to fix pathOrUrl()  (and his documentation)
> > >Or do I commit the previous patch ?
> >
> > Yes, fix pathOrUrl() if it's being used for machine-to-machine.

The problem seems to be that it is sometimes used for m-to-m, sometimes for
prettifying URLs for the UI.

> Well according to pathOrUrl() is mostly used for display to the user, as
> the documentation say it.
>
> I don't think KRun should use pathOrUrl.
>

> but either url() as in my patch,
> or
> (url.isLocalFile() && url.fragment().isNull() &&
> url.encodedQuery().isNull())? url.toLocalFile()  : url.url();

This cries for two versions of pathOrUrl, doesn't it?  Or prettyUrl() with
some argument.. or prettyUrlOrPath() (which I would like if the order wasn't
inconsistent with pathOrUrl()).

Ciao, /  /
     /--/
    /  / ANS