Special characters and KLauncher

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at kde.org
Mon Oct 8 12:45:59 BST 2007

On Lunes 08 Octubre 2007 12:37:12 wrote:
> Rafael Fernández López wrote:
> >Hi again,
> >
> >Another bug inside that code... when opening a "binary" file with KWrite
> > that it shows a warning dialog (and uses KUrl.url() for showing which
> > file) was showing the same stuff:
> > /home/ereslibre/documentaci%20C%n/whatever.pdf or something like that.
> >
> >With the attached patch absolutely everything of that kind is fixed :)
> >
> >Should I commit ?
>
> No.
>
> This one is wrong for the reasons Olivier pointed out.
>
> QUrl::toEncoded() should be returning ASCII-only characters. Why is
> fromLatin1() failing? What was the QByteArray that was returned by
> toEncoded()?

toEncoded() is just wrong (from Qt assistant):

"The user info, path and fragment are all converted to UTF-8, and all
non-ASCII characters are then percent encoded."

non-ASCII characters are then percent encoded.

That means that our special characters are killed down by this method and we
just lose the ability of accessing those files.

Bye and thanks,
Rafael Fernández López.