[REMINDER] KDE Dev Platform FROZEN

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Sat Oct 6 19:47:34 BST 2007

On Saturday 06 October 2007 17:44:51 Maksim Orlovich wrote:
> > After Monday, all changes to the code must be reviewed and approved on
> > the appropriate developers' mailing lists before committing (typos,
> > coding style,
> > apidox fixes don't require review).
>
> Is there any chance small bugfixes of limited scope can be reviewed in
> person? For stuff like the styles, we do not have specialized mailing
> lists, and I don't think flooding k-c-d with small bugfix patches to code
> only 4 or 5 people at most deal with would be appropriate..

Yes, that makes a lot of sense. The thing we want is:

- bugfixes in
- regressions out

For small and obvious things, go ahead and commit the fix. For things that can
potentially cause regressions, or where you're not a 100% sure that it
doesn't have 'side-effects', get someone to review it.

'make test' can help a lot to find out about those side-effects, btw. :-)
--
sebas