[REMINDER] KDE Dev Platform FROZEN

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Sat Oct 6 14:32:22 BST 2007

Howdy,

Pencils down :)

From now on we only permit bugfixes and docs changes in the KDE Development
Platform modules (kdesupport, kdelibs, kdepimlibs, kdebase/runtime, kdebindings).

We have the beta3 tagging coming on Monday 8 Oct so please work to make sure
everything compiles.

After Monday, all changes to the code must be reviewed and approved on the
appropriate developers' mailing lists before committing (typos, coding style,
apidox fixes don't require review).

After Monday, no more i18n string changes without approval of the translators.

At this stage, all KDE main modules should be in bugfixing and "make it work" mode.
No new features.

Exemptions apply, see http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.0_Release_Beta_Goals

Good luck.  Awesome job everyone!

Regards,
Allen, KDEPIM Release Dude

PS.  KSSL and printing stuff still needs work.  We can still accept code that
improves those areas at any time. :)