kdelibs (at least) : test building by default

David Jarvie lists at astrojar.org.uk
Sat Oct 6 13:10:24 BST 2007

On Saturday 06 October 2007 12:54:01 André Wöbbeking wrote:
> On Saturday 06 October 2007, David Jarvie wrote:
> > And some tests (e.g. in kdepimlibs/kcal) take a very long time to run
> > - enough for a couple of cups of coffee. Although there is still the
> > option of killing tests if they are taking too long.
>
> Unit tests should be fast otherwise they aren't run (often enough).

The ones I refer to take a long time because they are reasonably thorough, and
the functions called are quite calculation intensive. The choice is these
tests, or writing tests which don't really test the code properly. I'd much
rather have a thorough test even if it takes a long time, since it really
does pick up errors. But there's no way many people would want to run it
every time they build.

--
David Jarvie.
KAlarm author and maintainer.