Few class to remove.

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Tue Oct 2 09:16:27 BST 2007

On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 02:13:38AM +0200, Olivier Goffart wrote:
> Tomorrow I would like to remove the following classes from kdelibs.
> Those class doesn't seems to be used anywhere, if I'm wrong, tell me.
> Or maybe I'm wrong, so tell me.
>
> KCharMacroExpander

it's used internally by the funky template stuff below in this file
which is exposed via methods in the KMacroExpander namespace.
i see no harm in exporting it for symmetry with WordExpander.

> KPtyDevice and KPtyProcess

that means that konsole still wasn't ported. which is bad, as i still
have no feedback on the usability of the new api. bad robert. ;)

this is supposed to be extracted into an own lib (libkpty), btw. -
somebody wants to do it? :}

and as we are on it, i have a patch waiting for commit to move k3proc*
to kde3support - last time i pondered to commit it, i would have needed
to re-add the kde3support dependency to almost all of kdebase ...

> The kdesu library looks strange to me.  Headers name are meaningless,
> KCookie seems to be internal
> And others class have bad name. maybe they should be moved to a KdeSu
> namespace ?

yeah, this class is a beauty ... heh. i pondered a complete rewrite, but
found no time for it.
so i figure the namespacing idea is fine.