[Kde-print-devel] upcoming API changes

Cristian Tibirna tibirna at kde.org
Tue Oct 2 02:27:05 BST 2007

On 1 October 2007 19:51, Alex Merry wrote:
> On Saturday 29 Sep 2007, Alex Merry wrote:
> > We also have kdeprint to deal with.  The current implementation
> > doesn't work properly (try printing a webpage in Konqueror, and every
> > element gets printed as a separate document) and the general
> > consensus is that it's infeasible to maintain it over KDE4, or even
> > to fix it before 4.0, and so we should use QPrinter instead.  I have
> > a KPrintPreview class
> > (http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=119064667211216&w=2), but
> > no customisable print dialog yet.
>
> What's happening with this?  Where I am, it's an hour past the API
> deadline.  We have a printing library that half-works, and is unlikely
> to get fixed before release.  We have a possible implementation of a
> print preview interface, but none of the CMake infrastructure for apps
> to use it, no ported users and the freeze deadline has effectively gone
> (or will go very shortly).

Sorry, I didn't get the required time to apply and test your patch. I guess
that you should just go (have gone?) ahead and commit it, as long as it
improves things without being too experimental (which I think it is not).

Yes, lack of time kills too.

--
Cristian Tibirna
KDE developer .. tibirna at kde.org .. http://www.kde.org