kdesu

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Thu Nov 29 20:34:41 GMT 2007

On Thursday 29 November 2007 12:10:42 Thomas Friedrichsmeier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Friday 23 November 2007, you wrote:
> > After a long, tortoruous debate on IRC we have decided to move
> > libexec/kdesu to bin/kdesu4. So I'll be doing that move today.
>
> just wondering: Is this still the current state of the decision? I don't
> really care too much where it ends up, but as I have an app calling kdesu,
> I'd kind of like to know where kdesu will be in KDE 4. Right now, it still
> installs to libexec/kdesu, as far as I can see.

Last I remember we had decided to simply move kdesu from libexec to bin.
So there would be no name change.

But then I got stuck because it isn't clear if we are permitted to make changes
in kdebase/runtime due to the KDE Dev Platform freeze.

Bottom Line: even if we do move kdesu, it won't be renamed so you won't need
to make any changes to your app.