KFileTreeView almost fixed - STRANGE STUFF

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at kde.org
Thu Nov 29 01:11:53 GMT 2007

Hi all,

I have almost fixed KFileTreeView. Its fault was that it didn't sort its
contents. Despite I <had> it 2 hours ago, I have hit a really f***ing bug or
whatever that is making me mad.

Okay, I took 2 screenshots to make you cry or whatever:

http://media.ereslibre.es/2007/11/fuckinstrange.png

You will go like: "hey ! it can sort !". Okay. The code at the background is
what is running. Please note _THE LAST CONNECT_ (connect(d->mModel...). Note
that the code is completely commented out. It works (but it won't move to the
current folder when loading the first time the dialog).

Now, take a look at this one:

http://media.ereslibre.es/2007/11/fuckinstrange2.png

Now, again the code at the background is what is running. WTF !! For
uncommenting in the slot (I promise is the only difference with the previous
file !!) the "QModelIndex targetIndex = pModel->mapFromSource(index);", it
shows BLANK ROWS ON THE TREE !!!!! :/

You can run kdelibs/kfile/tests/kdirselectdialogtest to test it.

Attached is the patch. You just can play with "#define THIS_IS_FUCKIN_STRANGE"
or "#define THIS_IS_FUCKIN_STRANGE" to test what is going on.

Guys, please... give me some light...

Rafael Fernández López

GPG Fingerprint: B9F4 4730 43F8 FFDD CC5E BA8E 724E 406E 3F01 D070